Friday, 26 November 2010

Realisations.

Hang out with my new friends the past few days during the start of my summer course.
I thought this course "Lifestyle, Health and disease" would be easy as i have taken even more in depth courses of human body.

But then, it's just like how my mum would tell me how to lead a healthy lifestyle but more 'sciency' ;)
It even includes posture, eating, stress management, flexibility and hobbies.

I have a good posture which im glad. Because you know how girls can so vain staring at themselves for hours. I used to stand in front of the mirror for hours to correct my own posture. Because in pri school, i see how my schoolmates look like when they were hunchback. I told myself not to be that ugly.

And one fun fact i realised is exercising promotes bone growth and density!!! Vitamin D also plays a part in bone growth. Flexibility too!! I didnt know. Even for those people have arthritis (stiff bones/muscles) have more reason to exercise.

Now, im gonna cut down on carbohydrates :( Oh, my love for rice. Im at the end of healthy range for total body fat percentage. BMI only offers a gauge of your overall. But total % body fat, bones etc tells you more.

When im back in singapore, i will do alot of housekeeping, exercising and i will start playing piano again. It's been 4 years since i touched it. I was taking a course of personal financial planning. One of the chapters that hit me pretty hard is investing in yourself with new skills. You spent some money taking some upgrading courses, you have new skills then the salary you get will actually pay off in future :) My mum has spent so much on me since young and i just gave it up so easily. I will continue to finish until grade 8.

Im quite thankful that both my parents are healthy and fit and they had taught me some things about life. And now it's my turn to update them in this modern era.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home